Accounts & Payroll Assistant - part time
Due to promotion within the small finance team my client is looking to appoint a part-time Accounts & Payroll Assistant. This is a part-time role that they are able to adjust to match your availability and your capabilities within a framework of our needs and deadlines. This is therefore negotiable during the recruitment process. Put simply, if you are highly proficient you may be able to work fewer hours on a higher pay rate. Our interest is in achieving targets and deadlines within a budgeted annual cost.
However, this role also offers a real opportunity for career development in a stable and growing business that is committed to training and development.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working to high standards of accuracy, quality and timeliness, your duties will include:
- The provision of regular cover on the weekly payroll for 100 staff using a Kelios T&A system and Sage Payroll (previous experience on these systems, or similar, is essential)
- Reconciliation of the weekly Agency Workers’ invoice for up to 250 people per week at peak
- Sales & Purchase ledger maintenance using Sage Line50 (previous experience on this, or similar, is essential)
- Maintenance of the Sage Journals and assisting the Finance Manager in the preparation of the Management Accounts
The successful Accounts & Payroll Assistant will have the following experience, capabilities and traits:
- Previous experience in both Accountancy and Payroll using digital systems (ideally Sage and Kelios)
- Accountancy qualifications at least at Level 2 and, ideally higher or studying for higher qualifications or a substantial proven work record in both accountancy and payroll.
- ICT qualifications (NVQ level 2 or equivalent).
- Understanding payroll processes and company finance management and KPIs within that.
- High focus on achievement of accuracy, timeliness and quality targets.
- Proven record of customer & supplier liaison and communication – both written & oral.
- Good communication skills & instant credibility are essential.
- Numerate & computer literate with hands-on experience with Payroll and Accountancy Systems (essential) and competence with spreadsheets (essential) and databases (desirable).
- Setting high standards, demanding proficiency and influencing others.
- Ambitious to learn and grow.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday part time (weekly hours negotiable)
Elements of home working will be considered after initial training.
Benefits (after 3 months) include:
- Salaried status
- 30days holiday per annum (pro-rata to normal working hours),
- contributory Company Pension Scheme and free Death-in-Service Scheme.
Free on-site parking
Job Reference: STR001_1620129402
Salary: Up to £14 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: Asap