Rapid Recruit are currently recruiting for a Logistics Administrator for our client in Altham. The role will be for a 12 month period.
The main duties will involve booking-in key account customer deliveries and ensuring all paperwork is completed to the required standard for each dispatch. The role will also involve dealing with customers, drivers and transport companies in an efficient and friendly manner.
Main List of Activities:
- Manage, organise and plan deliveries – UK and Export – and complete all relevant delivery paperwork to an excellent standard.
- Book deliveries with customers via e-mail or phone ensuring that all booking dates and times are recorded. All paperwork must then be handed to the relevant person to be picked and completed.
- Work closely with the Transport Manager to ensure that deliveries are planned in a cost efficient way whilst still maintaining optimum service levels.
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable organizational operations and effective service to connecting groups.
- Quick and decisive decision making to deal with customer complaints and problems.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing, interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoke requests over the phone or in person and to verbal and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and customers and provide administrative support to the Transport Manager
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent knowledge of Excel and general IT knowledge.
- Be able to maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health & Safety procedures.
- Be able to perform duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have previous administration experience.
The hours of work are:
Monday to Friday
08:30 – 17:30
Job Reference: LABURN_1571300718
Salary: Up to £8.21 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: