Rapid Recruit are currently working alongside a local engineering company who specialise in precision engineering solutions, to recruit for a CAD/CAM Programmer.
This role will be based at the company’s head-office in Burnley, Lancashire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, delivering and improving manufacturing processes, ensuring that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all work is planned to avoid production disruption.
Responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs. Manage KPIs and ensure preventative actions are taken to maximise success.
The job role will involve:
- CNC Program generation and implementation (Turning & Milling)
- Production program & tooling control
- Identify manufacturing needs for new products in development
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & method to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations
- Ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Assist with shop floor layout and cell designs
- Identify fixture and tooling requirements
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Organise plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities
- Carry out FMEAs, (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) process documentation and implement improvements
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma, or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Professional accreditation with an industry related body would be advantageous
- Ability to use CAD
- Ability to design processes and layouts
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving) process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques
- Significant work experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
Job Reference: Cadbcw_1558712719
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: