Our client, are looking to expand their well-established design team, and we can present you with this exciting opportunity to progress your career. The role is to produce 3D models and detail drawings for manufacture, to modify and manage current designs as required and to provide technical support for customers and the manufacturing base.
Your technical ability will be used to analyse existing products and identify areas where the company can improve designs and reduce costs.
You will be required to expertly manage all forms of digital product data such as; content, change and configuration management. You will also be required to acquire, analyse and present data as well as applying quality and safe-work practices.
This will be a very satisfying and rewarding position as your contributions go through new product implementations and your skills and personal development grow.
- Process new enquiries for the design department, ensuring all nexassary follow-up action has been adhered to such as enquiry processing, delivery of quotation and design proposal.
- Develop close working relationships with clients and ensuring client liaison is continually adhered to.
- Undertake design and engineering analysis and support activity including FEA (dynamic, non linear), CFD and Magma on design projects within the department and as a dedicated service.
- Development and detailed product design and engineering from conceptual design through to detailed design and manufacturing implementation providing support as required across a broad spectrum of manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Undertake project management for projects as directed by the design manager or director. All project management activity to comply with industry guidelines and ensure good client liaison, budget management and the completion of project deliverables to agreed timescales
- Maintain and adhere to ISO 9001 procedures.
- Strive for continual product development.
- To work with CREO CAD package.
- To perform stress and strain calculations to recognised formulae and clearly layout workings withing MathCAD to allow colleagues to interpret and validate design
- To effectively utilize the company ERP system and intranet system.
- To develop a knowledge of the companies’ current products and part number systems
- To producce accurate gih quality design output with minimal errors
- To perform modifications to exisiting designs and drawing where necessary
- To understand the working concepts of the relevant industries
- To build good working relationships with other departments
- To develop new manufacturing methods and to utilise new technologies where appropriate.
- Knowledge of fundamental engineering theory in mechanical engineering and product design
- Knowledge of 3D CAD modelling system
- Knowledge and experience of CREO and MathCad.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and assembly
- Experience in a similar background
- Experience designing / Manufacturing pressure equipment to the recognised standards
- Previous experience dealing directly with customers, preparing technical specifications and presenting proposals
- Have a good understanding of the materials and limitations of the material used in construction.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time will be required
- Ability to oversee and manage suppliers as required within a projects development
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines
- highly self-motivated
- ability to produce detailed designs calculations
- ability to check detail designs from colleagues prior to publication of drawings
Please send your CV’s today, and we will get in touch, or speak to Mike at Rapid to find out more details on how we can start your application.
Job Reference: Rapid-design_1559128700
Salary: £33000 - £37000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP