Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Our client, are looking to expand their well-established maintenance team, and we can present you with this exciting opportunity to progress your career. The role of an Electrical Maintenance Engineer will require you to be responsible for maintaining high quality electrical installations, repairs and maintenance to machinery and around the site.
The role will require you to fully understand production practice and operations to successfully support each department. You will undertake planned maintenance tasks, projects and new installations.
- Fault finding during production.
- Performing planned and predictive maintenance.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary.
- Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and Company procedures.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- Assessing need of spare parts.
- Liaise with Coordinator to establish requirements.
- Conforming to health and safety procedures and policies.
- Contribute to continuing improvement of the factory equipment and maintenance.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Observe and practice the 5S principles.
- Use computer equipment for data purposes.
Key Skills and Abilities :
- Ability to use own initiative to work as an individual or as part of a team unsupervised.
- Ability to operate computer equipment for data purposes.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and engineering quality plans.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
- A methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
- Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
- Good personal organisation under pressure from time, internal and external customers.
- Ability to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop, encourage, motivate and mentor the apprentices.
- Ability to support teams internally and externally, to ensure effectiveness in line with the needs of the business.
- Able to work between different sites.
- Ability to maintain and improve effective working practices, levels housekeeping and health and safety standards.
- Ability to safely handle materials.
- Previous experience of working in similar environment with similar role responsibilities.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of factory processes and technology.
- Previous experience of working towards improving and maintaining quality standards.
- Knowledge of PLC AC drives and servo drives.
- Familiar with all types of Factory equipment including CNC machines, Conventional machines and associated plant.
- Familiar with planned and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of robots would be advantageous.
- Multi skilled in basic mechanical practices.
- Welding Skills would be preferred.
- Foundry experience is desirable.
- Must be a time served engineer or have an equivalent qualification.
- UK Driving licence is essential.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be able to demonstrates a flexible attitude towards work and be able to respond to business priorities appropriately.
- Must have a strong work ethic, must want to do tasks and understand their value.
- Will be reliable, have good timekeeping and be honest.
- Will be adaptable over a broad range of work.
- Must be motivated to take on new areas of work and learn new skills.
Hours of work:
The role will involve working rotational shifts –
Days – Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4:55pm, Friday 7:30am – 12pm
Nights – Monday – Thursday 9:30pm – 7:00am
Job Reference: EMEBURN_1563198589
Salary: £13.54 - £17.25 per hour + DOE
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: