To carry out a range of installation and maintenance work in line with relevant IEE and British standards, to an agreed work schedule.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Electrical fault finding, testing and rectification as part of both planned and reactive maintenance.
- Working to and understanding electrical drawings i.e. installation, circuit diagrams and line schematics.
- To assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- To install and maintain three phase and single phase control gear for motors, pumps, fans and continuous production plant equipment.
- Complete all necessary documentation required to maintain stock levels and engineering work records.
- To inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes of practice.
- To diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Compliance with company Health & Safety procedures and instructions.
- Project work.
- Other duties as directed by your line manager.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Working knowledge and understanding of all relevant British Standards.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Effective communicator.
- Practical experience of faultfinding, maintaining and improving the performance of equipment in an industrial environment.
- Experience of AC and DC drives and PLC control preferred
- Qualified to at least City and Guilds level or equivalent.
- Ideally qualified to BTEC, NC or HNC level or equivalent (or willing to study towards).
- Ideally hold 18th Edition Certification.
Shift work – Monday to Thursday – mornings (7am – 3pm), afternoons (3pm – 11pm) nights (11pm – 7am)
Fridays Mornings (7am – 1pm) Afternoons (1pm – 7pm) Nights 7pm – 1am)
Rates of pay:
Based on 38 hours a week, overtime available Saturday at 1½, Sunday double time
Job Reference: Rapidelec_1556612996
Salary: £27000 - £30000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP