Engineering Production Manager
Rapid Recruit are currently recruiting for a Production Manager for a company based in Burnley.
The company is a UK leading specialist in precision engineering. That has been subject to huge growth over the past couple of years. They are currently extending their premises to continue to grow their business, which for you means you will be joining a growing pro-active business.
The role of the Production Manager is to be responsible for the Contribution and implementation of the manufacturing vision, strategy and company processes and procedures to aid and improve the operational performance. You will Identify areas of the business where improvement opportunities within the organisation could potentially be made.
- Effectively and efficiently plan & manage the productionof the required daily/weekly/monthly targets.
- Effectively manage NPI productionrequirements and maintain details project plans.
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure productiontargets are met
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
The ideal candidate will:
- Excellent leadership and man- management skills.
- Have a background in engineering.
- Have a good understanding of 5S and lean manufacturing.
- Previous experience as a production manager is essential.
- Have previous experience of managing budgets and delivering targets
The current position is working on 7:45am – 5pm Monday- Thursday and 7:45am -1pm Friday
Job Reference: EPMBCW_1560181321
Salary: Up to £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: