Experienced Stores Person/Assistant
My Client is looking for an Experienced Stores Person/Assistant who must have demonstrable experience of Stores Replenishing and picking.
My Client is based in Nelson and is an importer and manufacturer of bespoke lighting products for high-end bars, restaurants and private residences across the UK and even further afield.
The main elements of the role are listed below……
- Selecting parts from stock into pre-packs for production (internal work) from picking lists or works order.
- Monitoring stock levels and re-ordering as necessary (either by yourself or via purchasing), entering data into system to keep stock levels up to date.
- Regular stock take/ stock audit, with a view to identifying dead or slow-moving stock.
- Assisting in changing layout of picking stock to maximise best use of space within in one area increasing efficiency of picking & re-stocking. working with production and operations managers when 5s is started. (Training will be given in 5s)
- Helping to sort ‘legacy’ stock (left overs from coordinators orders) and ‘Remnant’ stock (remaining parts that are created when a bought-in assembly is broken down) to identify into single parts.
- Actively looking at ways to improve selection stock area, putting improvement ideas forward to managers.
- Taking ‘ownership’ of selection area and policing to prevent unauthorised taking of parts by production staff. And ensuring area is clean, tidy and in-order at all times. (this will be done via 5s listed in item 4)
- Assisting stores for selection, packing and dispatch as and when required.
- Other duties may be required from time to time within other departments of the factory to assist with company goals.
Hours 08.30am – 5.00pm Mon to Thurs
08.30am – 4.00pm Fridays
Job Reference: STR001_1579624726
Salary: Up to £9.00 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Industrial