Heavy-duty sewing machinists / binders
My Client is looking for 2 Heavy-duty sewing machinists / binders – Industrial to join their experienced team.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be working as part of a team sewing & finishing high quality safety products to the required standards using binding/sewing techniques. The finished products can weigh 15kg so this would suit someone who is fit and healthy.
Previous sewing heavy-duty experience e.g. upholstery or mattresses is highly desirable.
- Ensure that products are produced to specification by the drawing & instructions provided.
- Ensure all paperwork attached to products are filled in ensuring traceability of parts.
- Achieve targets set out by the company.
- To help ensure that the company works within the ISO quality standard
- Look to initiate new processes and improve where areas of weakness are identified.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- To keep rejected parts to a minimum and aim to seek ways of reducing mistakes.
- To record your work on daily sheets this is to ensure traceability of parts and operator’s performance is at the expected level.
- To monitor quality, collate data and report to Production Manager.
£8.50 an hour to start. Will increase to £9.15 once targets are being met.
Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 & Friday 07.50-13.45.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your CV detailing your relevant experience.
Job Reference: SEW001_1576515353
Salary: £8.50 - £9.59 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: IMMEDIATE