Rapid recruit are looking for an experienced HGV technician for our client in Rossendale.
Rate of pay – £15.50 per hour.
- To service and repair the full range of RBC vehicles and plant, including (but not exclusively): refuse collection vehicles; pavement and road sweepers; light commercial vehicles; tractors; trailers and mowers.
- To ensure that repairs and maintenance are carried out in a safe, skilled and professional manner, to all DVSA (formerly VOSA) and manufacturers’ specifications, and in line with relevant safe systems of work.
- Electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic fault finding and repair.
- Attend to road-side breakdowns.
- Carry out clear record keeping of all work done and parts used, including inspection forms, job cards and other relevant paperwork.
- Assess and organise material requirements as and when necessary.
- Collect parts as required.
- Assist with yard deliveries as required.
- Take vehicles for MOT.
- Fabrication and welding as required.
- Any other duties which may from time to time be required by Line Manager.
Requirement to work flexibility between 6.30am and 6.00pm to meet the needs of the service.
Job Reference: RapidHGV_1559313911
Salary: £15 - £15.5 per hour + Dependent on experience.
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP