HGV Technician / Mechanic
Role: HGV Technician / Mechanic
Rate: £14 – £20 / hour DOE
Hours: Full-Time 07:30 – 15:30 – flexibility req’d
My client is looking for an experienced HGV Technician / Mechanic to service and repair the full range of vehicles and plant. The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable experience in a similar role and will be comfortable servicing various large vehicles including (but not limited to):
- refuse collection vehicles
- pavement and road sweepers
- light commercial vehicles
- trailers and mowers
Duties will be:
- To ensure that repairs and maintenance are carried out in a safe, skilled and professional
- manner, to all DVSA (formerly VOSA) and manufacturers’ specifications
- Electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic fault finding and repair.
- To attend to road-side breakdowns.
- Maintain clear records of all work done and parts used, including inspection forms, job-cards etc.
- To assess and organise material requirements as and when necessary.
- To assist with yard deliveries
- To take vehicles for MOT.
- To carry out fabrication and welding as required.
- To ensure the security of the council buildings, property and vehicles
- To steam clean vehicles, equipment and their components
- To assist and mentor trainees within the workplace.
Apply with your most recent CV detailing your recent experience.
Job Reference: HGV001_1586171510
Salary: £14 - £20.00 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: IMMEDIATE
Job Type: Full Time
Job Industry: Industrial