Rapid Recruit are currently recruiting for an Interim Buyer within the procurement team for a company based in Burnley.
The company is a UK leading specialist in precision engineering. That has been subject to huge growth over the past couple of years. They are currently extending their premises to continue to grow their business.
- Purchase goods, materials, components and services.
- Negotiate with suppliers to maximise savings and maintain the quality of materials
- Monitor supplier performance and maintain and develop supplier relationships
- Source new products in line with New Product Development
- Monitor and advise on issues that may present risk or opportunity for the organisation
- Sourcing of alternative suppliers when needed
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Compile data relating to supplier performance in order to evaluate
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working closely with suppliers
- You will have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- You must have good communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- You will be able to work well under pressure and handle multiple commitments
- You must be computer literate including Excel and previous use of MRP / ERP Systems
- Having a CIPS Qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
Job Reference: IBBCW_1560249598
Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum + DOE
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: