Maintainance Person / Painter
My client is looking for an experienced and flexible Maintenance Person / Painter with a strong work ethic who is prepared to undertake a range of tasks.
This is an active role based on-site. It will be a mix of painting, building and general maintenance work as well as material handling, loading / unloading etc. In order to be considered you will need to have a current CSCS card and a full driving licence. You will also be able to demonstrate a minimum of 4 years project-based site / construction work as this will be a key part of the role. There will also be a requirement to work at different locations, so a current, full driving licence is essential.
The main tasks of the role are: –
- General painting duties, to include internal offices, shop floor & external buildings.
- Observe and practice the 5S principles.
- Loading and unloading of material, this will involve manual handling of heavy and/or awkward objects.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, and other tools as directed.
- Confident working at height.
- Ensure work areas before and after all jobs are kept tidy and safe.
- Other general duties as required in order to assist with site maintenance.
The above list of tasks is not exhaustive, and the post holder will need to be flexible may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work well as part of a small team & under own initiative.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to manage time and work to deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills.
Experience / Knowledge
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a construction environment or project-based work site.
- Good knowledge of building methods and regulations.
- Hands on experience of the painting decorating trade, preferably industrial.
- CSCS/CPCS Certificate.
- Full UK driving licence is Essential.
- A qualification in basic maths and English would be advantageous.
Hours of Work
Days Mon – Thurs 07:30 – 16:15 & Fri 07:30 – 12:30
Twilight Mon – Thurs 16:00 – Midnight & Fri 12:00 – 18:00
Nights Mon – Thurs 09:30 – 07:00
Job Reference: Main001_1578918272
Salary: Up to £11.99 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP