Milk Tanker Driver
Rapid Recruit are currently looking to recruit a Milk Tanker Driver [class 2] for their client based in Grassington, Skipton. The business currently produces & distributes milk, along with other associated dairy products, throughout Yorkshire and the surrounding area.
This role is temporary to permanent and will be run between two sites in Grassington & Keighley. The role involves collecting milk from farms in the local area and delivering back to the sites. You must hold a class 2 licence. Our clients farm collections contract is a very important part of their business & the successful applicant must be conscientious, reliable & be able to ensure collections are made on time and in accordance to health and safety guidelines.
Specific duties will include:
- Check and adhere to work rota as instructed.
- Complete pre-inspection of vehicle before driving.
- Adhere to all legal standards regarding vehicles and driver’s hours
- Adhere to company health & safety standards and procedures.
- Adhere to company hygiene standards & procedures.
- Collect milk from farms and unload at relevant sites as instructed.
- Collect milk samples for in house and external testing
- Undertake strict pre-unload sample tests of milk.
- Adhere to collection of bulk milk samples for laboratory examination.
- Undertake the tipping and transhipping of tanker.
- Undertake the CIP cleaning of tanker.
Plus other associated jobs.
The position will offer an average working week of 48 hours over 5 days, although a alternating 4 day/5 day working week may be available. Both working patterns may include a week-end day and bank holidays. Salary rate of £10.23 per hour.
A company pension scheme is also in place.
Job Reference: MTDr_1521455457
Salary: Up to £10.23 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP