Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec biased)
Our well-known client in the heart of Nelson are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer (elec biased) to join their ever growing team on a permeant basis. The role of an Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer will require you to be responsible for maintaining high quality electrical installations, repairs and maintenance to machinery and around the site. The role will require you to fully understand production practice and operations to successfully support each department. You will undertake planned maintenance tasks, projects and new installations.
What’s in it for me?
- 12h day shift, 5.30am – 5.30pm.
- Shift rota including 2 weekends per month.
- £32,000 – £35,000 per annum basic salary.
- Overtime available.
- Permanent contract after 12 weeks service.
- Free parking.
- Canteen facilities.
- Fault finding during production.
- Performing planned and predictive maintenance.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary.
- Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and Company procedures.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- Assessing need of spare parts.
- Liaise with Coordinator to establish requirements.
- Conforming to health and safety procedures and policies.
- Contribute to continuing improvement of the factory equipment and maintenance.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use own initiative to work as an individual or as part of a team unsupervised.
- Ability to operate computer equipment for data purposes.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and engineering quality plans.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
- A methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
- Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
- Ability to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain and improve effective working practices, levels housekeeping and health and safety standards.
- Ability to safely handle materials.
- Previous experience of working in similar environment with similar role responsibilities.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of factory processes and technology.
- Previous experience of working towards improving and maintaining quality standards.
- Knowledge of PLC AC drives and servo drives.
- Familiar with all types of Factory equipment including CNC machines, Conventional machines and associated plant.
- Familiar with planned and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of robots would be advantageous.
- Multi skilled in basic mechanical practices.
- Must be a time served engineer or have an equivalent qualification.
Job Reference: ELEC_1610618789
Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: