Established for over 25 years my clients’ business has grown steadily over that time and they are now looking to recruit a Print Apprentice to learn everything about the flexographic printing process and over a period of 3 years become a qualified Flexographic Printer. You will be working for a company that has an enviable reputation within the industry and one that has always had an innovative approach to both product design and manufacturing.
As an apprentice you will learn all aspects of the flexographic print industry including:
- Understanding ink and how to mix and influence it
- How to mount printing plates and understand the differences in types of plates
- To learn the Flexographic print process
- Ultimately able to run a printing press, bearing in mind, safety, quality and performance.
In order to gain a broader understanding of the business you will also learn about film extrusion and conversion (bag making) so you have a better grasp of the industry. All of which will help you in fully understanding your role as a Print Apprentice and ultimately a fully trained flexographic printer.
On the job training and e-Learning (nationally recognised training body- EFIA) will be provided to the right candidate.
Initially the hours will be 08:00 – 17:00 and the rate of pay will be National Living Wage for your age.
- Have a strong desire to want to learn the print industry and be excited by the challenges you will face.
- Enjoy learning new skills and have an inquisitive mind and if you have an aptitude for all things mechanical that will be a distinct advantage.
- Be a team player and strike up a good relationship with your peer group.
It goes without saying that you will be expected to work safely at all times and think about yourself and others
Following a successful apprenticeship, you will become a key player in the team, potentially taking on the next apprentice and bring he/she through the same process.
Job Reference: FLE001_1574264786
Salary: £6.15 - £8.21 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: IMMEDIATE