Semi skilled Operator (Night shift)
We are currently searching for an experienced machine operator who is able to work night shifts. You will be expected to achieve high standards of quality whilst also achieving targeted levels of output. You will maintain full product traceability and adhere to working safely at all times.
The role provides an exciting chance to work on a variation of machines, so no 2 days will be the same. You will be tasked with working to lean theories (5s), manually handling weights up to 25kg and maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
The departments and duties are below:
- Loading materials onto CNC Machines
- Carry out machining of components
- Working with cutting fluids and may have contact with small amounts of grinding dust containing stainless steel
- Occasional use of hand linishing tools
- Occasional visual display / display screen equipment work for data purposes.
- Set up and operate power saws to cut, slot, groove, miter and trim metallic and nonmetallic components according to specifications
- selects and installs blade on machines, using hand tools.
- Sets controls to adjust speed, feed rate and blade tensions
- Verifies dimensions of finished components, using measuring devices
- Use of hand fettling / grinding tools
- Read and complete tasks to meet technical drawings, work with, and understand weld symbols
- Operatoes fabricating machines, such as pressbrakes, rolls, guillotines, shears, flame cutters and drill presses.
- Bend and straighten metal by hammering, chipping and grinding it.
- Fits and welds metal parts together
- Design and create templates and fixtures
- Using measuring tools to check if work meets specifications
- Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products
- May set up and operative machine tools, such as radial drill press, end mill and edge planner
- inspect components after deburr to ensure they are completed to specifications
- using hand fettling / grinding tools and fixed belt grinders
- Loading components onto an automatic acid-dip plants
- Using drilling / tapping equipment
- Using shot blasting machinery
- Wet work and possibly working with acids.
- Operate dip and rumbler equipment.
- Load and operate press machinery in an ear protection zone
- Understand how progression tools work
The role also includes other general duties to maintain the efficient working of the department and production operations.
We are looking for a person who has a strong manufacturing or engineering background, preferrably with experience of using CNC machines. Prior experience of operating robotic welders would be advantageous.
Monday to Thursday
9.30pm – 07:00AM
Job Reference: Rapid-Machine_1558087410
Salary: £12.40 - £14.51 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP