Skilled Welder Fabricator
Our client, are looking to expand their well-established Welding/Fabricating team, and we can present you with this exciting opportunity to progress your career. The role will involve you achieving high standards of quality, in line with targeted levels of output whilst working safely and maintaining full product traceability. You will be working as part of a team and you are expected to contribute to improving any working processes.
The main tasks of the role are:-
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using MIG/MAG and TIG processes.
- Welding must meet both Fort vale’s Quality, and ASME standards. (Welders are tested every 6 months).
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Manually handle weights up to 25kg.
- Use of hand fettling/grinding tools.
- Perform welding tasks productively.
- Read and complete tasks to meet technical drawings, work with, and understand weld symbols and weld procedures (WPS).
- May have contact with small amounts of grinding dust/welding fume containing stainless steel.
- Mandatory Ear protection for welding and grinding processes & recommended for others.
- Occasional Visual Display/Display Screen Equipment work for data purposes.
- Work to lean theory.
- Observe and practice the 5S principles.
- Complete quality documentation.
- Contribute in a team working environment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as press brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
- Set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
- Bends and straighten metal by hammering, chipping and grinding it.
- Knowledge of Welding Equipment both MIG/MAG & TIG, and be proficient in assigned welding techniques.
- Prior experience of operating robot welders would be advantageous.
- Seam weld experience would be preferred.
- Experience of using laser equipment is desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use own initiative to work as an individual or as part of a team unsupervised.
- Ability to operate computer equipment for data purposes.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and engineering quality plans.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
- A methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
- Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
- Good personal organisation under pressure from time, internal and external customers.
- Time management skills.
- Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to promote Fort Vale in a positive manner.
- Ability to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions
Time served Welder/Fabricator
Please send your CV’s today, and we will get in touch, or speak to Mike at Rapid to find out more details on how we can start your application.
Job Reference: SWFBURN_1561391555
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: