Supplier Quality Engineer
Rapid Recruit are currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer for a company based in Burnley.
The company is a UK leading specialist in precision engineering. That has been subject to huge growth over the past couple of years. They are currently extending their premises to continue to grow their business, which for you means you will be joining a growing pro-active business.
The role of the Supplier Quality Engineer is to work with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste, and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
To ensure that all products produced meet the required quality standards, to minimise quality costs, and maximise customer satisfaction, whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Assist the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance, improve quality level, reduce customer complaints, develop procedures, standards.
- Work with Engineering team to assist production and assembly line to improve tooling, assist with first off sample approvals, to ensure supplier process capabilities are effective to meet product and process requirements and organise any change requests with customers.
- Initiate and approve production/process control activities and reviews for implementation and effectiveness
- With supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP) carry out supplier validation audits
- Assist in the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks and new product launches
- Work with the supplier directly to create correction action plans to address process failures
- Review supplier manufacturing processes by collaborating with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
- Performing on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis
- facilitating root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations
- Engineering product specifications or Control Plans
- PPAP approval or product warrant submission
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach management
- Have excellent ability to work as part of a teamwork, understanding the importance of team structure and contributing to problem solving activities
- Have a proven experience of successfully working within an engineering-focused environment which incorporated elements of quality standards, understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings, process improvement techniques, production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Have experience within the automotive industry
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, A Levels, BTEC Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
The hours of work are:
Mon – Thurs 7.45AM – 5PM, Friday 7.45AM-1PM
Job Reference: SQEBURN_1561381937
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: