Our clients continued growth and development means that they have a number of excellent new opportunities for Production Team-leaders to join their market-leading contract packing and manufacturing business based in Nelson, Lancashire. They offer a pay-rate of £9.11 per hour (with an option to earn £10.99 per hour on night shift during peak) and excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme.
This role offers real opportunities for career development in a business that is committed to training and development (with recently “home-grown” Team-leaders now occupying Supervisory and Management roles within our business).
Our client works for some of the UK’s leading FMCG brands; providing flexible contract packing and contract manufacturing services and outsourced support that is reliable, superior quality and very competitively priced.
Production Team-leaders report to the Production Operations Supervisor for their Shift or Unit and are required to monitor and control the working environment, performance and activities in their production line. This includes the leadership and motivation of their team in order to achieve production output, cost and quality targets in a safe manner.
The successful Production Team-leaders will have:
* An established record as a team-leader in a production/manufacturing environment; preferably with 2-5 years FMCG background.
* A proven record in safe operations, whilst delivering consistent throughput targets and quality standards; identifying day-to-day production issues and taking corrective and preventive action.
* A mechanical bent with a level of understanding of machine operation sufficient to deal with all line issues (e.g. film changes) without need for an engineer.
* Fitness and stamina to maintain pace of work throughout shift.
* Numeracy and computer literacy with good understanding of the principals of manufacturing-based computer systems.
* Clear communications and understanding of basic operational instructions (both written and oral). Maintaining extremely good and clear communication channels.
* Self-motivation and a passion for process improvement; responding to internal and external customers promptly.
* Demonstrable reliability in terms of attendance and time-keeping and quality of work.
The hours of work are 37½ hours per 5 days from July to December (Peak) and 35 hours per 4½ days from January to June (Low). There will be a requirement for weekend working (on a rota-basis) through Peak for which an additional hourly premium is paid.
Please apply online to be considered for the Production Team-leader role indicating which shifts you are most interested in working (Days or Night) during our peak period.
Job Reference: SGLTL_1529071717
Salary: £9.11 - £10.99 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: Immediate